We are continuing to provide services during the time of the pandemic. We are accepting new clients.
We offer both online and in-person sessions, to meet your personal needs.
(318) 654-7010 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Assessment and Intervention for Couples Counseling
Has been rescheduled to a later date – TBA.
2905 Evangeline St., Monroe, LA 71201
Tuition: Regular -$125 Student -$100
Payments: Credit Card Payments can be made to Amber White, via Venmo
Training Objectives and Content:
- Common Theories and Research in Couples Counseling
- Effective Assessment and History Taking with Couples
- How to Structure Therapy Sessions
- Effective and Practical Interventions to Use in Session
- Ethically Concerns of Couples Counseling
Amber White, MA, LPC-S is the presenter in this training. She has a master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, is a licensed professional counselor in Louisiana, and is a Louisiana board-approved supervisor. Amber is the owner of Firm Foundations Family Counseling and has been practicing in Monroe and the surrounding area since 2010.
**CE Hours Available:4 CE hours available, approved by LCA(certificate of completion will be emailed to each participant at the completion of the training)**
Workshop Agenda –Effective Assessment and Intervention for Couples Counseling
9:00-10:00: Research and theories related to couples counseling:
- Emotionally focused therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy
- Existential therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Systemic therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Gottman Couples Therapy –Sound Relationship House and Four Horsemen
- What is functional and dysfunctional in a relationship?
10:15-11:15: Effective Assessment and History Taking
- Comprehensive assessment tools for couples –questionnaires, structured interviews, couples narrative, conflict sample
- Family history with each individual
- Strengths and growth areas, goals of therapy, treatment planning
- Love Maps
- Shared Fondness and Admiration
- Turning Towards
- Managing Conflict and Communication
- Shared Meaning
- Preventing Relapse
12:30-1:00: Ethical Concerns in Couples Counseling
- Sharing information between the couple
- Becoming bias when doing individual counseling
-Understand and summarize the research and theories related to effective couples counseling, as well as what makes a relationship work or fail.
-Conduct comprehensive and effective assessment for couples, using questionnaires, structured interviews, observations of conflict, and individual interviews.
-Describe interventions to use in couples sessions to help with conflict management, communication, the couple’s friendship system, and their shared meaning.
-Understand ethical concerns related to couples therapy and how to deal with them in session.